CU ADVANCE CERTIFICATES
CU Advance certificates are awarded upon completion of the final exam for each module.
All courses starting with an "A" are CU Advance modules.
STAR certificates are awarded upon completion of these two elements.
- Complete the Credit Union Fundamentals courses and exams.
- Choose a TRACK most applicable to your training needs. Complete the courses and open-book exams within that track. Or take any combination of three courses from our Presidential Series.
Advanced STAR certificates are awarded upon completion of all elements.
- Continue taking courses and exams until all tracks are completed.
STAR Presidential Series Certificates
- Complete the Credit Union Fundamentals courses and exams in addition to the courses required for each Presidential Certificate.
Lincoln Certificate is awarded when six courses and exams from this series are completed.
Hamilton Certificate is awarded when nine courses and exams from this series are completed.
Jackson Certificate is awarded when twelve courses and exams from this series are completed.
Grant Certificate is awarded when fifteen courses and exams from this series are completed.
Franklin Certificate is awarded when eighteen courses and exams from this series are completed.
McKinley Certificate is awarded when twenty-one courses and exams from this series are completed.
MERIT Certificates are offered in seven levels of achievement.
- Credit Union Management Award Complete six courses
- Sapphire Award Complete 12 courses
- Ruby Award Complete 18 courses
- Emerald Award Complete 24 courses
- Diamond Award Complete 30 courses
- Amethyst Award Complete 35 courses
- Garnet Award Compete 41 courses
As we develop new, online CU Advance courses, some of them are equivalent to print MERIT courses. Review the equivalencies below to help you reach your certificate goals.
Business Communication Skills
(M37) is equivalent to Business
Communication Skills (A1003).
Resolving Employee Conflict (M38) is equivalent to Resolving Employee Conflict (A1016).
Transitioning to Trainer (M39) is equivalent to Transitioning to Trainer (A1018).
Recruiting Todays Employees (M40) is equivalent to Recruiting Todays Employees (A1019).
Managing Today's Employees (M41) is equivalent to Managing Today's Employees (A1020)
Difficult Human Resource Issues (M42) is equivalent to Difficult Human Resource Issues (A1021)
Transitioning to Trainer II (M43) is equivalent to Transitioning to Trainer II(A1028)
Leading Your Team (M44) is equivalent to Leading Your Team (A1031)
Credit Union Marketing Fundamentals (M45) Credit Union Marketing Fundamentals is equivalent to (A1033)
All self-study exams are open book and require 80% correct answers to pass. Students receive either a pass or fail grade.