CUNA Volunteer Achievement Program
|Download the brochure|
CUNA Volunteer Achievement Program (VAP) helps credit union volunteers learn to work effectively, make informed decisions, and improve credit union performance.
Todays rapidly changing credit union climate has credit unions relying more heavily than ever on the leadership skills of their elected officials. In fact, to keep up with this pace more and more credit unions are requiring continuing education for their volunteers. VAP is your credit unions solution to find learning opportunities here for both new and experienced volunteers.
VAP self-study courses teach the philosophical and financial topics that board members and other volunteers need for their decision-making responsibilities. VAP is your credit unions key to strengthening the knowledge of volunteers on a wide range of topics from financial management to compliance to strategic leadership.
- VAP Course List & Descriptions
- VAP Recognition Opportunities (certificates and pins)
- Ordering Information
VAP Printed Courses
VAP courses are 50-to-100 page printed books that take an average study time of three to four hours to complete. Each book includes an optional 20 question, open-book exam. These exams can be taken via scantron (one included with each course), or online through CUNA CPDOnline.
VAP Online Exams & Courses
All VAP exams and seven VAP courses (V01 History & Philosophy, V02 Financial Reports, V03 Managing Risk, V305 The Basics of Risk Assessment for Volunteers, V409 Financial Management, V415 Asset-Liability Management for Directors and V428 Understanding Audit Reports) are offered in print and online through CUNA CPDOnline. Be sure to check out CUNA CPDOnline, which also includes another line of online volunteer courses, Training on Demand.
- VAP Online Course & Exam Demonstration in CUNA CPDOnline
- VAP Online Course & Exam Pricing
- To start taking one of these three courses, simply log on to CUNA CPDOnline.
VAP eBook Courses
Select VAP courses are now available as eBooks. This new format, available for most eReaders, allows for convenient and flexible training. Each eBook purchase includes access to the online exam for that course. Learn how eBooks work. See the complete course listing.
The VAP Difference
- Flexible courses to accommodate all schedules.
- Economical variety of courses to provide everything needed for your board and committees.
- More than 40 quick-reading courses that provide the core knowledge directors and volunteers need.
- All courses are written for volunteers, and cover topics including Credit Union Fundamentals, Board of Director and Supervisory Committee Fundamentals, Leadership, Marketing, Planning, and Regulatory Compliance.
- More than 30 years of proven credit union training experience goes into every course.
- Various levels of volunteer recognition are available after successful completion of course exams.
For more information, e-mail us or call 800-356-9655, ext. 4072.
We're here to help!
CUNA offers the board training necessary to fulfill proposed NCUA requirements issued in the recent comment letter. More.